Facts & Announcements
This is where we'll announce the most recent info about WSG. If you've visited us before and want to know what's
changed, take a look here first.
June 30, 2006:Class 17:Feel
The Heat is completed. Limited Edition DVD's will be available.
April / May, 2005: Aloha, Spring Break!
March 14, 2005: The evolution of Westlake Signal Group begins with the inaugural designs
for a permanent logo. WSG has turned to Quinn Gibbs of Black Diamond
F/X to be the designer. Quinn previously designed the cover art for the
ECX DVD set along with the poster art showcased at the 2005 Pan African Film
March 9, 2005: ECX will be added to the archives
of the Memphis Fire Museum in
Memphis, Tenn. Information is sent to the Philadelphia
Fire Department Museum (Phila, PA). The films are also added to the
library of Dr. Fredrick Price’s Crenshaw
Christian Center in Los Angeles.
March 7, 2005: Two NEW projects for WSG are in
the planning stages. The current titles of those projects are City
at Night and Black
& Blue. Production is slated for late summer ’05.
March 6, 2005: A highly anticipated radio
interview featuring Stentorian Arnett
“The Rookie” Hartsfield & ECX’s Chin Thammasaengsri airs on
Clear Channel radio station KHHT (“Hot 92.3 FM) in Los Angeles. The
interview is part of the station’s observance of Black History Month and
is conducted by radio personality Josefa
Salinas on her show, The Community
February 8 thru February 20, 2005: Engine Company
X is part of the 2005 Pan African Film
Festival. The films run over 10 consecutive days at Magic
Johnson’s Theatres in Baldwin Hills. Attending opening night
festivities are Executive Producer/Writer/Director Chin Thammasaengsri &
Producer Andrea Beckum. Appearing at post-screening “Q&A” sessions
are ECX’s Chin Thammasaengsri, Keith “Sincere” Edwards, Quinn Gibbs,
Andrea Beckum, Calvin Walton, Brent Burton, and Arnett “The Rookie”
January 15, 2005:
Engine Company X is part of local celebrations for Community
Day. The ECX DVDs are added to items presented to members of city/county
government, clergy, and the sports and entertainment arena. Among those
receiving the ECX DVD set was Olympic Gold Medalist Carl Lewis.
Chin Thammasaengsri & Amber Charles attend the Interfaith Breakfast which is part of the Community Day events
- January 3, 2005: The London Fire Brigade requests copies of ECX for their Training &
- December 20, 2004: A marketing campaign to get
ECX into as many of the nation’s fire museums commences. By year’s end,
ECX is part of the LAFDHS Museum in Los Angeles along with museums in
Denver, Colorado and Phoenix, Arizona.
- November 7, 2004: Engine Company X: The New Stentorians opens with a gala celebration
hosted at the African-American Firefighter Museum. The early “invitation
only” reception attendees include the films cast, crew, and interview
subjects with a mix of city & county officials and members of the
filmmaking community. Speakers include ECX’s Chin Thammasaengsri, Arnett
“The Rookie” Hartsfield, Armando Hogan, and Brent Burton. Special guest
speakers include LAFD Chief Engineer
William Bamattre and Los Angeles
County’s Chief Lifeguard Mike Frazer. A screening of The
New Stentorians is open to reception attendees and the general public
later in the afternoon.
- October 15, 2004: Engine Company X is selected to
be part of the 2005 Pan African Film
Festival to be held in Los Angeles during the month of February.
- September 21, 2004: Engine Company X: The New Stentorians film is
- September 15, 2004: Engine Company X: The New Stentorians will
premiere at the African-American Firefighter Museum. The Sunday November 7
screening is open to the public. An INVITATION ONLY reception will precede
- September 1, 2004: Westlake Signal's Chin Thammasaengsri to take part in
"Community Review" broadcast on Los Angeles radio station KHHT-FM
(Hot 92.3) in February 2005. Chin and The Stentorians will appear as part of
the station's observance of Black History month.
- August 21, 2004: Westlake Signal's Quartermaster
& Prop Shoppe assists L.A. Special's The Loaf with some of its
specialized costuming needs. Click here for more on L.A. Special.
- August 5, 2004: Westlake Signal Group's production of Engine Company X
was part of the 2004 IABPFF (International Association of Black Professional
Firefighters) Convention which was held in Los Angeles during the first week
Screenings were held of The Powerful Voice which is NOW
AVAILABLE ON DVD along with special "sneak peek" screenings of
the forthcoming second installment of the series, The New Stentorians.
Convention delegates came from cities all over the United States with
representations from New York, Dallas, Austin, Miami-Dade, San Diego and
Northern California. Among the "world" delegates were members from
LONDON, ENGLAND. Delegates from all of these U.S. cities and Europe walked
away with their own personal DVD copies of the first film in the ECX series and
prepaid for our forthcoming second film.
Westlake Signal Group was proud to be a part of the 2004 IABPFF Convention
with special thanks going to The Stentorians whose continued support
bolsters the ECX project to greater and greater heights.
- July 20, 2004: Westlake Signal Group's first post-ECX project will
be an "image campaign": for a group of former law enforcement
professional whose specialty is K-9 Units. The campaign calls for Westlake
Signal to create one 30 minute mini-documentary and at least three :30
second spots. The expected start date of this project will be late
- July 16, 2004: ECX: The Powerful Voice
on DVD ready to ship on DVD! ORDER YOURS TODAY!
See Press releases below also.
- March 15, 2004: ECX: The Powerful Voice to return to local television on Comcast. The documentary film will be seen in the cities of Inglewood, Hawthorne, and into the South Bay along with areas of South Los Angeles. The schedule will be posted shortly.
- February 28, 2004: WSG cameras film the grave marking ceremony for Sam Haskins at Evergreen Cemetery in East Los Angeles. In attendance are
The Stentorians, various city & county officials including the Chief of Los Angeles City Fire. At the repast that followed, he was given his personal copy of
ECX: The Powerful Voice which he previously requested.
- February 27, 2004: WSG cameras are in place at the California African-American Museum for the retirement dinner of Assistant Chief Russell Walker of the L.A. County Lifeguards. Some footage will be placed into
ECX: The New Stentorians.
- February 22, 2004: First public screening of ECX: The Powerful Voice is held at the
African-American Firefighter Museum in Los
Angeles. This date plus two additional dates bring out members of the general public as well as members of the fire service from several California cities.
- February 8, 2004: ECX1 Narrator/Host/Actor, Calvin Walton, announces he will perform in an upcoming one-man stage play he is writing & directing. Details to follow shortly.
- February 6, 2004: ECX1 is submitted to Starz Encore programming for possible consideration for air.
- February 1, 2004: Westlake Signal Group announces that ECX1 and ECX2 will be released in DVD form. The first release will be
ECX: The Powerful Voice with an anticipated release date of spring '04.
- January 24, 2004: Southern California Library for Social Studies & Research discusses with WSG future public viewings at their center and addition of ECX to archive.
- January 2, 2004: LA36 in Los Angeles is first television station to air
- December 18, 2003: "The C-Shift" and "ECX: The Powerful Voice" added to the media archive of the African-American Firefighter Museum.
- November 17, 2003: WSG announces completion of first film in ECX series.
- September 20, 2003: WSG's Film Operations Bureau records "Mass Casualty Drill" for L.A. City Battalion 5 on the
Paramount Pictures lot. The chief photographer was
Chin Thammasaengsri. Filming is not related to ECX project.
- July 23, 2003: WSG expands ECX to include the history of the Los Angeles County
- June 1, 2003: WSG announces ECX to become two(2)-two hour films: "The Powerful Voice/1886-1969 & The New
- January 9, 2003: Stentorians advise WSG of their intention to run ECX at 2004 IABPFF Convention.
- July 25, 2002: Production begins on "Engine Company X"("ECX"). Plans call for a single two hour film.
- April 16, 2002: "The C-Shift" is completed. Trailers for the film run on LA36 at the close of Asif Ahmed's TV series,
Westlake Signal Group
Establishes Internet Presence
- See the press release for more
These are the press releases we've issued
over the last year.
You may want to search for
topics by keyword.
Recent Media Coverage of
Westlake Signal Group
- Title, Publication, Date
- Title, Publication, Date
- Title, Publication, Date